“We humans cling to logic, even when logic doesn’t work.” ~Two-bit Guru~
- I came across The Adventures of The Guy Who Just Started Paying Attention comic strip and from there investigated the rest of the site. It’s all pretty dang interesting.
- This might look like a prank but it isn’t. It’s science studying the important issue of change blindness. You’ll have to look at the video and/or read the text to find out what change blindness is. It’s entertaining and all in the interest of making science more accessible to ordinary people, like the ones on the street in the video.
- You’ve probably been wondering whether rain comes from life in the clouds, haven’t you? It could because tons of bacteria and 25 times more tons of fungal spores along with unknown quantities of algae somehow get in the atmosphere every year. Lots of info in this one, some possibly useful.
- A relatively young man, young relative to me anyway, is dying of terminal illness and since he’s been a practicing Buddhist for over 20 years he’s pretty darn calm about the whole thing. Hospital tests show that meditation helps to improve the oxygen levels in his blood, and it looks like it’s doing wonders for his attitude as well. He says death has made him value everything more, and finds it “quite wonderful.”
- Really nice piece on why mysticism matters.