FOR THE MIND:
- Listen to the interview or read the text to learn about fascinating research into mapping our neural connections, and the connections of a tiny worm one millimeter long.
- Developing willpower increases your brain’s neuron density in the prefrontal cortex.
- If willpower takes too much effort for you, tests show that sniffing rosemary boosts brain power. Ain’t science wonderful?
- How mindfulness can rewire our brains and improve our relationships. Your brain is probably a lot smarter than you think.
FOR THE BODY:
- Here are some easy tips on starting your own plants from seed.
- Herbs to grow, books to read, and a report on the honeybees.
- Composting and worms go together in a wonderful natural cycle, like love and marriage.
- Eleven varieties of lettuce are described here. Grow them all and you’ll probably have the best salad you ever tasted.
FOR THE SOUL:
- Go to Korea, stay with monks, chant, participate in monastic ceremonies and talks, walk the grounds. The monks say when you leave you will feel very different from before. I believe it.
- Breathe a huge sigh of relief to discover that the Mayan Elders announce that their calendar does not predict the end of the world but the end of the Fifth Period of the Sun, and the expectation of the dawn of the Sixth Period of the Sun. If the world should end we ought not blame it on the Mayans.
- Deepak Chopra has released a new interpretation of the Kama Sutra. What else can this great teacher possibly give us? Maybe a spiritual cookbook? No, wait, he’s already done that.
- A powerful meditation in words to release fear and bring in love.